This policy relates to your Privacy as a customer of Bymetric. If you want to understand the Privacy posture as it relates to users of your website when using Bymetric, please check out data posture overview
We want to make it clear to you, as a customer of Bymetric, what is happening with the data you share with us.
What data is collected
As a customer of Bymetric the following information is captured and stored:
- The email address that you sign up with; we do this so we can communicate important technical things with you as they relate to the service you’re getting from Bymetric. We may send Product Update emails to you.
- Your current IP address and any IP addresses you have previously logged in to Bymetric from; we do this to look for unusual activity on your account and restrict access
- The name on your credit card. This is captured as part of the payment process and to support any future billing enquiries
What data is collected by others
To operate Bymetric we use other, third party services. These third party services will require and store some data from you:
- Stripe is used to process payments from you; they will capture your email address and credit card information and store them to be charged for the use of Bymetric. They will usually store a cookie via your browser for the purposes of fraud prevention/risk analysis. Bymetric is not able to charge your card outside of the initial commitment you make via Stripe
- Groove may be used if you submit a support request to us
- Mailgun to send transactional emails to you in relation to your use of the Service
Basis for data collection
As a customer of Bymetric, your data is only collected for the purpose of operating our product and service for you. We capture a very small amount of information, but we do it for the following reasons:
- Enabling access to your own account
- Securing access to your account
- To notify you of important changes to the product
- To provide support to you should you need it
Transfer of data
Your data is collected and stored in the EU/UK (European Economic Area). Acting as a Data Controller, Bymetric will not transfer your data outside of the EEA. With regards to the Data Processors used by Bymetric, your information will be passed to Stripe which is a US based company and will likely store your data within the United States.